Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Work...Sleep...Fashion...

Well, today so far has been a really nice day. It is one of my days off this week, and the kids and I are just hanging out playing and doing housework. It is nice to get caught up on some things. The past three weeks I have worked four days a week, and that makes it so crazy! So today the only thing I have to get done is go to the school and register the kids for after school care.

Work has been going good. I have been moved to the newborn room for the time being. It is a lot of work, but I like it and there is something peacful about the babies, even when they are crying, because you can usually fix whatever it is they are crying about. (If that sentence just made sense)

The kids are done with summer camp now and are going with Cole to his daycare at Munson. They like this because they are older than the other kids and they think that they are helpers. It is nice that they get to be with Cole.

Not really much of anything exciting. Just busy with work and house stuff. Oh, I got an antique window redone. It is one of those leaded glass widows that used to be above the front door on a huge house. It looks so cool and I had Mike hang it in the livingroom picture window. I love it and it makes rainbows all over the room when the sun in shining.

Over the weekend I was feeling a little under the weather. I had a sinus headache and a feaver. On Sat. night I told Mike I was going to take a little nap. I slept all the way from 5:30p.m. on Saturday to 8:30a.m. on Sunday! I couldn't believe it! And Mike took the kids on a bike ride in the evening and gave them baths, and put them to bed and I never even heard a peep!! He was so sweet to let me sleep! I was feeling much better when I woke after 15 hours of sleep and believe it or not, I was tired again and ready for bed at 8 on Sunday!

Well, we are getting stuff ready for school. Today I had Cole try on some of the things I have collected over the past year. The kids have to wear uniforms at their school, so I have gone to Goodwill and yard sales and gotten alot of items like sweaters and shirts and pants. So today was fashion show! It went pretty well, except that the one outfit that was my favorite, he hated and wouldn't even stand up to let me see. He looked so cute. It was a red v-necked sweater with a white turtle neck and navy pants! He looked so handsome, but he would have nothing to do with it, at all! I may have to bribe him to get him to wear it to school. :)

0 comments: