Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Day At The Beach

So...I never have been very good at keeping up with journaling, etc. Sorry it has been so long since I last posted. Let me see.....what have we been up to.....

Last week was pretty uneventful, except for the couch, and did I mention that we also purchased the matching loveseat? It came on Friday! They look so great! I love to just sit in my livingroom and relax.

On Saturday we just slept in and caught up on housework, laundry, lawn, etc. In the afternoon we went to some garage sales and went on a beautiful drive up the Old Mission Peninsula www.oldmission.com it is so pretty and you can see both East and West Grand Traverse Bay. After our drive we stopped in Traverse City at Sam's Club to get some things that we needed for the potluck on Sunday. We were invited by the leaders of our small group at church. They invited the whole group over to their 'lake house'! It is so nice there. We rode jetskis, swam, and Bob even took us out on his pontoon boat and let the kids drive it. They thought that this was so cool and they are still talking about it. All three kids enjoyed the jetskis, but Tori is very cautious and nervous if I went over 5mph! Not so much fun for me! Anyway, we had a great time, and great food too and great friends! I love potluck food! It is everyone's best recipes! :) We didn't get home until 9:30 and of course the kids were exhausted after playing in the water all day!

On Monday I had to BE at work by 7:30a.m.! This is hard to get me and three kids out the door by 6:45, buy we managed. (I just didn't get any breakfast) Monday was totally crazy at work. Two employees were out on vacation, and one in the hospital, so three out total, and I was in the newborn infant room all day (8-1/2 hrs.) I was exhausted! Each adult takes care of 4 babies each. I survived, and have to do it again all week! I appreciated my day off today!

Today was a nice day, I slept in and did some house work and then the kids and I went over to my aunt Mary's to help her out with some cleaning at her house. In exchange for helping her she gave me an end table for the livingroom, and it matches great! I am so excited!

Well, gotta go, we are going to take the dog for a walk. I need the exercise too!

0 comments: