Monday, July 31, 2006

VBS, Beach, and Girls (Mom's) Night Out

Today was the first day of VBS. My kids have been counting down the days for about 2 weeks. They look forward to it so much. They had so much fun today and I helped in the craft room which was a lot of fun for me too! The kids will be going every morning this week (thanks to Stacy for helping me the days I work) :) They are really excited.

After VBS this morning we went to the beach. It was 97 degrees again today and we don't have air conditioning. We do in our upstairs bedroom, but no where else. The beach was really nice and I got some nice color. Tori said to me tonight, "Mom, how-come you like to get a sun burn?" and I told her that I don't like to get a sunburn, but I do like a tan :) The heat has been really exhausting. I don't want to complain because I don't like the cold winters either, but this is really hot and humid, so tonight going out for girls' night was GREAT. I didn't have to make dinner, and we got to sit in air conditioning and visit, what could be better! Mike and the kids made it okay, but they weren't sleeping when I got home, bummer :P

Well, take care and try to stay cool!

0 comments: