Friday, July 21, 2006

Sink Or Swim

Well, as you know the girls have been in swimming lessons. On Tuesday after class the instructor came out to me and said that he needed to talk to me about something. I'm immediately thinkin 'oh no, they are acting up'. He basically starts to tell me that they are not going to pass the class because they can't float. He is really nervous, like I am going to be upset it they don't pass. I put them in the class so that they would be more confident in the water and then naturally they would become better swimmers. Well, Mr. Ken is going on about how if you have no fat on your body you have a VERY hard time just floating and there is no bouancy. He said this is the category they girls are in. So, apparently this is an issue. Too skinny, I wish this were my problem. :) However, as I watched the girls swim last night, they were able to swim the length of the pool. So basically I look at it like the are doing great because it is even harder for them! They couldn't do this at the beginning of class, so that is great. I think the instructor feels like he is being a bad teacher and has to explain it to me or something. I don't mind, as long as they improve on their swimming. They don't have to meet all of the criteria required to get a certificate. That is all for now.

0 comments: