Today we had a SURPRISE birthday party for my Mom's 50th. It was a lot of fun. TONS of work, and boy was it hot. It was outside, at 4pm, so we were getting set up during the hottest time of day and it was about 98 degrees out and humid. Well, she was surprised and had a great time. I had a lot of fun too (other than the heat).
After the party we cleaned up a bit and my Aunt Mary, Mom, Aunt Melanie, Amy and her 2 kids, Mike and I and our kids all went to the "creek" to cool off. Well, we had never been to this creek. It is just down the road from Amy's house. I am thinking it is a little wading pool in a creek. Nice cold water, but not enough to get all of the way into it. Oh, no! It is AWESOME. There is a culvert about 4 feet in diameter and a small 6" drop into a huge pool that is at least 11' deep. I couldn't even touch the bottom when I jumped in! It was so fun I felt like a kid again. We were jumping in, going through the culvert on our tummies, and just having fun. The water was SO cold, and very refreshing. The kids really surprised me. They were not afraid of the waster or the cold, or the current. They had a blast. As Cole came out of the culvert the first time he said, "That was lovely!" I thought that was in interesting choice of words to say the least! It was great and I will be visiting the "creek" again!
Sunday, July 30, 2006
The "Creek"
Posted by Jill Corwin at 10:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment