Hopefully I will be better at posting this month......we have agreed as a family not to watch ANY t.v. at home for the month of August. This means no movies either.....so maybe I will keep up with the blogging a little better. The kids were such good sports about it. They said that they don't watch much t.v. anyways and it would be fun to read more. It is almost like we are watching t.v. just to watch it even though there are others things we would like to be doing. It has only been 2 days, but I don't miss it at all. The peace and quiet is kind of nice. It would be harder to do in the winter because we can go outside now and it is light out later in the evening. After August we will hopefully slim down the t.v. watching somehow....not sure yet.
VBS today was good. I helped in the snack room, which I enjoyed. I like to be busy and work fast. We made ice cream cones with cool whip on them and graham cracker sticks stuck on them to dip. It was a really cute idea they came up with. The kids loved it.
My friend Jen is coming up this weekend from down state. I am excited to see her. We are going to do some tourist things around the area here. It is amazing how many things I have never done even though I have lived here my whole life. So Jen and I will be tourists in my hometown. I also hope to get to the beach on Saturday. We will be at the beach on Sunday with the group at church. It will be a lot of fun.
Tomorrow is off to work, so I had better get to bed. Take care!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Back To The "Olden Days"
Posted by Jill Corwin at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
NO TV?? I think I would go nuts without my news! Anywhoo, It will be nice to see you on Friday! I will let you know about what time I will be there.
Ooh, I am so jealous! Have a great time girls!! Actually have a extra fun for me, since Marc is leaving tomorrow for Canada and I'll be watching to kiddos myself for 8 days. I'll be with you in spirit while I drink my Margarita after the boys bedtimes.
I have been feeling for you as I read your blog.....You are doing a great job by yourself while Marc is gone! You will have to come along when A.J. is a little older! Plan on Mackinaw next spring!
Yes Jen, I really miss the news the most....I have been listening on the radio, and if you want to watch t.v. while you are here, you may since you are a guest.
Post a Comment