Sunday, August 20, 2006

Our Busy Weekend

Let's see.....Friday I worked all day and it was a long one for me; 8:45-6. After work my Mom and I met some friends at a park and we visited together and let the kids play. Mike was having his 'guys game night' at our house so we needed to find somewhere else to be. After the park we went to my Mom's house and spent the night (the guys are usually very late). I slept on the hide-away-bed on my Mom's couch with 3 kids. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep. Saturday the kids woke up early as usual (since they had slept fine through the tossing, turning, and kicking me). Mike and I had a wedding to go to at 2pm, so I headed home to get ready for that. It was a nice wedding, and we had hired a babysitter to stay all day and evening with the kids at home. So we had a nice time without ANY kids and we actually got to have a conversation without being interrupted by ANYONE. The reception was beautiful and we had a great time dancing and seeing people. This morning church was great! The worship service was awesome! After church we had the church picnic and the kids got to play on inflatable bouncy toys and eat icecream and just have fun. After the church picnic we had to go to Mike's parents house for a family reunion! I am exhausted!

On another note, I had my first ever Krispe Kream doughnut today. It was great! I thought that it was just as good as everyone has raved! I think I will be having more of them in the future!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Jill, Jill, Jill.... I am so sorry it has taken you this long to experience your first Krispy Kreme. Had I known, I would have shipped some up to you immediately, or at least made you visit when you were down here. :) I am glad you enjoy it. (Can you believe my hubby doesn't like them!?)

Jill Corwin said...

Mike didn't care for them either??!! I was practically yelling at him..."how can you not like these? Are you crazy!" He said that it tasted like and "other" doughnut.....no way!