Sunday, November 20, 2005

Winter Boots

I have had a nice past couple of days. Thursday we had 6" of snow dumped on us. It makes the world look so pretty and makes me want to bake and sing Christmas carols. The snow caused a 'snow day' for the kids. Well, this puts a monkey wrench in the whole "working Mom" thing. I talked to Mike and he said that he would stay home from work and work on Saturday instead. This made my life so much easier. I was scheduled for work at 7:15a.m. on Thursday which would have meant that I would have to get up at about 5:15 to get the kids and me ready and leave with enough time to get to work on slippery roads. I don't think the kids would have appreciated getting up at 5:15a.m. either! So anyways, Mike saved the day and the kids had a blast playing outside in the snow. They even made a "snow house" as they call it! :)

Yesterday I also worked and it went well. After work Mike took me out to eat at Red Lobster and he even hired a babysitter! I love that. We haven't had a babysitter since like last January (except for Mom or Dad). It was great and after dinner we went window shopping and came home and went to bed early.

Today Mike worked (due to snowday) and Morgan and Tori and I went shopping for some boots for Morgan. We went everywhere in town. The last place I stopped was Salvation Army. I found the perfect pair there. They were pink like Morgan wanted and quality like I wanted. They fit and they were only $3.00. They had a little bit of dirt on them, but nothing the washer won't get out! I am so excited!

Tonight I want to turn in early. I am still fighting off a cold and have now lost my voice. I need some extra sleep!

0 comments: