Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Little Sicky

Today I got up early to go in to work early. At about 1:00 I got a call from the school (which my heart always sinks when they call) and it was the office lady. She had Cole in the office complaining that he was really sick. She took his temp and it was normal, but thought she should call me. She said that he was coughing and had a headache. Now, since I had a headache last week, I could empathize. However, he did not have a feaver, and Mike and I were both working. Now, do I tell him to go back to class until the end of the day (in which case I look like a terrible mom), or do I tell my boss that I need to leave work early, and put her in a bind when I don't REALLY think he is "sick". I decided to pick him up early. I get there and he is all like MOMMY! and happy and smiling. Not too sick I think. So I bring him home and make him take a nap, because gol' darn it, he is not going to have a fun afternoon! So he tells me that he is now feeling better and doesn't need a nap. (also everytime I say the word "sick" he fake coughs) Eventually he falls asleep, and now he is top notch, fighting and wrestling with his sisters. I think he is feeling up to par, but tonight he is going to bed early!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Little Stinker!! :)