Thursday, March 30, 2006

Let The SUNSHINE In!

Well, sorry for the long interval between posts. I have no excuse, except that I really don't have anything new to post. So I will just let you know what my days have been like. Nothing too exciting. Here it goes.

This week has been great. The weather is great and it is spring break. I took two days off this week, so I only worked on Wednesday. Even our evenings have had NOTHING planned. We have all been home together and had dinner together, and no one had to go ANYWHERE! It has been great. I have been sleeping in a little with the kids, which is good. Except on Tuesday I got up and they were outside on the trampoline, NOT okay. We had a little talk about not going outside while I am sleeping! NO WAY. It is okay if they are in the house and like watching T.V. or reading or something, but not outside. I think they understand now. Needless to say, they have been outside a LOT this week. We got all of the yard raked, Mike, ME and the kids. Mike did most, but the kids and I did a lot too. We are now making that list we make every spring of the things we would like to get done outside. Planting, moving, painting, etc. We would like to put in patio blocks where we used to have wood chips. It would make better use of the space because we would use it more, and we wouldn't have to replace the chips every year. So now we are waiting for a sale to happen at one of the stores. We would also like to paint the outside of the house sometime this summer. Our next project will be our dining room and then the bathroom. We also need to stain a lot of things outside. Wow, looking at this list I am getting a little freaked out. I don't know if we can get it all done. Oh well. We will do our best. I also need to get some beach days in this summer, and they come first :)

Tomorrow is the girls' 8 Birthday. I can't believe it! Already! They are so excited. They are having their friends over Friday (Tori) and Saturday (Morgan) I will let you know how it all goes.

I hope all is well. Enjoy your spring!

2 comments:

Jen & Gary said...

Happy Birthday Tori & Morgan!

Jen & Gary said...

Jill- let's keep the blog updated..shall we?