Sunday, February 12, 2006

Broke down in the Tundra

Another busy week. Superbowl Sunday we went over to some friends' house for a little get-to-gether. We drove seperately so that I could leave early and put the kids to bed since it was a school night. Just so you know it was like a blizzard here all day. I drove down the road that the friends live on and it was very deep snow. I had a great time chatting with the ladies and holding my friend Carter (who is crawling and so cute!). I got the kids around and ready to go and we loaded up the van. As I pulled out of the drive something didn't feel right with the van. There was no power steering and the lights seemed a little dim. It didn't register at first so I kept driving about 4 miles down the road. Well, it started getting worse and I got a little nervous since we were a ways out in the country and there weren't many houses and it was COLD! I turned around to get the cell phone from Mike. The plan was I would go and call him if I needed him so that he could watch the game. Well, I didn't make it far with the cell phone and had to call him. The van died! I mean died. Nothing. No light, no heat, no engine, nothing. It was REALLY quiet waiting there to be rescued. A couple of people stopped and asked if I needed help and I told them Mike was on his way. He got there and I told him I thought the alternator was out. We jumped it and off we went. Only 5 miles and it died again! We did this like four times. We were FROZEN! Finally I was like we are calling a tow truck for a tow tomorrow and going home where it is warm and the kids can sleep.......We did and it was great. So worth the $. We had it towed to the mechanic and he fixed the belt that had come off from all of the snow! When Mike picked me up from work on Monday to go get the van his "light' came on and come to find out his alternator had burned up jump starting the van. :( When it rains it pours. However, his brother replaced it for free and we just had to buy the part. Thank goodness for brothers!

The rest of the week was just the normal busy. Mike's birthday was on Tuesday so we made him a cake and had presents. Wednesday, church, Thursday LAUNDRY, and Friday, dance class, friend over, and we rented a kids movie for them to watch. Bambie II. It was cute.

Last night I went to my friend (and co-worker) AErin's and we had a girl's night. Fun we ate so much and visited. It was so fun.

Oh, my friend Stacy had a baby girl and she is so cute! PERFECT!

0 comments: