Wednesday, February 01, 2006

HodgPodge

Okay, here is an update. When I went to the college I got lost. It has been 8 years since I have been on campus and went to the wrong side of the campus. It was a really wet snow and coming down fast. By the time I got to my appointment I looked like a drowned rat! I am sure the counselor didn't care anyways. She was quite helpful and I got a print out of all of the classes I have completed thus far. Good to know what I have done. The printout also showed what classes I would need for certain degrees. I can get an associates in Science and Arts from N.M.C. and then this can go forward from there to a couple of different options at the University Center here in T.C. So I wouldn't need to commute or anything for any classes. Sounds good. I didn't actually sign up for anything. I just mostly wanted information to see what direction to go and how much work it would actually be. Which I knew would be alot. So I am hoping to get some information on scholarships and grants and maybe get that sort of stuff underway. My employer also will help with college courses. They will pay 50% if you pass the class with a c or higher. So that is a nice opportunity also. I am mostly thinking of taking a class or two at a time. I don't want to get overwhelmed with work/kids/school. I mostly don't want the kids to miss me. Cole will be in school in the fall full time and I will still only be working part time. So I think it will work. Every little bit that I peck away at helps. I kind of feel scared. I haven't done "school" work or book work in so long and I am afraid I have forgoten what the square root of nine is and such......;p

So that is the update on "school" The girls started dance class last Friday. We have never been able to afford it before. I finally broke down and said now or never because they are growing up so fast! My Mom is paying for half so that is a huge help! The girls are so cute. They wear little leotards and the class is ballet and jazz together so they are also learning dance routines and it is so cute. They are shaking their little booties. I am hoping it wears them out!

Tonight I was shopping with my friend Charity. We had a lot of fun. We were shopping for her work clothes which is fun because I don't really get to dress up anymore and it is fun to live through her wardrobe. And it was here money so even better. We found some great deals for her! And had a lot of fun too!

Well, that is about all of the excitement around here. I hope all is well elsewhere!

3 comments:

Jen & Gary said...

it will be so fun for you to be in school! you will probably meet some great people.

Kelli said...

I am sorry you got lost. And secretly thankful you will get to take the classes without the commute. I mean, what if you found cooler college roommates than us? :) You will do great!

Jill Corwin said...

I could NEVER find better roomies than you guys. We had so much fun!