Saturday, December 31, 2005

The Search To "Infinity And Beyond"

Well, Cole wanted a Buzz Lightyear birthday party. So I am like 'okay, this will be easy, I won't even have to make anything. I can buy all of it, even the cake.' Not! So we go to Sam's to pick out a cake. They don't make them anymore in the smaller round cake, and the 1/2 a sheet cake is way too big and we would just end up throwing it out (plus it is double the $). So I convince Cole that we should buy a smaller round cake and we can add our own Buzz Lightyear decor at home. He agrees, so off to find decorations and party supplies. We went to Toys-R-Us, Walmart, and Target in search of plates, napkins, cups, etc. NONE of these stores carry Buzz Lightyear. Apparently he is not "cool" anymore. I was thinking that it would be everywhere because they just re-released Toy Story 2 on DVD. But nooooooo. Not one single Buzz Lightyear decoration or party item anywhere! So we did a little make shift by getting Buzz green balloons and streamers and just "happy birthday" plates that were the bright colors. Cole didn't even care, but I like everything to match. Anyways, the party was fine and we had a fun time with the family.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy (late) Buzz Lightyear Birthday, Cole!!