At the beginning of the school year the school sent home information on upper elementary band. Tori said that she was interested in joining, and I was excited because it would be neat opportunity for her. She has been saying all along that she wants to play the oboe. I have been waiting to see what the director said she should play based on her size, etc. They said the oboe would be a good fit. I was like okay... now to purchase one. I was thinking....maybe $600.......oh no!!!! I think my daughter picked the most expensive instrument in the band!!!! For a new one, and the most reasonable one, $1500!! I still hoping to find one used, that is nice....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jill- and then there's the reeds!! they have to replaced everytime you crack one!! lol! Your daughter has expensive taste. However, the oboe is a gorgeous instrument, and it has an amazing sound.
Jen, did you play the oboe?
Post a Comment