Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mom's Getting Some Time!

Well, tonight was the last night of AWANA for the year. I love AWANA...and I am SOOO glad the kids are going, and love it, and are learning scripture, but it is nice to have another evening free. I am sure that we will find something to fill it up with....and pretty soon we will be just as busy. On a bragging note, Cole finished his whole book! He even got a ribbon.

I am getting excited...because soon I am going to Mackinaw Island for the annual retreat I go to! This year it is just me and one of my friends. It will be so relaxing...I am SO looking forward to it...some pampering, the best food ever, and rest and relaxation! Yea!

I also have planned to go down to Lansing and visit Jen. Kelli will be there too! Yea! Girls weekend! It always seems to me that all of the activities I attend all happen really close together, I won't do anything for months, and then WHAM! four things in the same month! Go figure.

I went on the ladies retreat with the church last Friday night. It was AWESOME! So much fun. And God really knows what he is doing......I sat next to some ladies that wanted to start a bible study, and they all work! Which is great because I do too, and it is hard to join studies because they all meet on weekdays :( which is great for the stay at home moms, but doesn't work with my schedule, so anyways, I am in a bible study! I have been praying for this for about a year, and I "happened" to sit next to these gals :) Thank you Lord!

Now when ever I take a picture of the kids they ask if I am going to put it on the computer! Silly kids!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Enjoy it :)

Kelli said...

So - where is the picture of the kids! :)

Do you know what you are doing for a Bible Study yet? Of course, I highly recommend Beth Moore - but that's just 'cause I'm on a Beth Moore kick right now - she (through God)is awesome. Looking forward to seeing you real soon!

Jill Corwin said...

We are going to do the "power of a praying wife" book to start, and hopefully choose another one after that....I don't want it to end after the first book!