Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Blessings on Mother's Day

Well, Happy Mother's Day to all of you. As I reflect on the many blessings I have, I realize that it is so easy to take them for granted:


  • The first blessing is my mother. She taught me how to be a good mother. How to be loving, and to take time for my children. She has been such a blessing as a Grandmother too. She is always spoiling my kids and she takes them overnight a LOT! Which is a blessing for them and me:)
  • The second blessing is being a mother. Although at many times it is a chore and a lot of work there are the rewards that go without earthly value. The times when the kids crawl in bed with me in the morning. I love to cuddle with them under the warm covers. I love it when Cole gets in trouble for something and he comes back to me and says "Mommy, can I have a hug?". Or when Tori says "Mom, you look so pretty today" and I just woke up and my hair is a mess! I love the way Morgan always wants me to hold her "special hand" and not "the one with 5 fingers" :)
  • The third blessing is the other women in my life who are like mothers to me. My aunts and other women who I look up to for wisdom and life experience.
  • The fourth blessing is my husband. Of course I wouldn't be a mother without him. He is such a great partner to have raising our children. He helps so much around the house and tries to make my life easier, anyway he can.
  • The final blessing to be listed here are my many friends who have supported me as a mother. Who have helped me SO much in raising my kids. Whether it is planning a girls weekend getaway, or helping by babysitting, or by doing crafts together, or just plain having fun together. Thank you to all of my FRIENDS!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

2 comments:

Jen & Gary said...

Jill- I am also willing to help in any way I can, with those getaways.

Jill Corwin said...

Thank you so much Jen! I love getting away. And you make it so much fun. I need to laugh and have fun! Thanks.